Noa Argamani, an Israeli woman freed from Hamas captivity in Gaza in June, said on Friday that her injuries were caused by an Israeli air strike during her rescue operation, not by a Hamas attack.

Speaking to diplomats from G7 countries in Tokyo on Wednesday, Argamani detailed her ordeal after she was taken captive by Palestinian armed groups during the 7 October attack. However, two days later, she issued a statement on Instagram, saying that some of her remarks had been misquoted and taken out of context.

Contrary to some Israeli media reports, Argamani clarified that she was not beaten or had her hair shaved by Palestinian fighters.

“[Hamas members] did not hit me while I was in captivity, nor did they cut my hair; I was injured by the collapse of a wall caused by an [Israeli] Air Force pilot,” she added.

• Karyoplasma
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    20 days ago

Except that they don’t. The ultimate goal of the war according to Netanyahu is to “destroy Hamas”, no elaboration on what that means tho. Securing the hostages is just an optional mission and he made that very clear in the past.

Hamas would have never gotten that strong in the first place if Netanyahu weren’t appalled by the PLO’s stance of a two country solution and had not worked actively against them. He does not want to accept a state of Palestine, holding true to the old Likud manifesto “Between the sea and the Jordan there will only be Israeli sovereignty.”

It’s funny how that stance is acceptable when it’s Israel that threatens and enacts genocide.