• Berin
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    20 days ago

(; v ;) I get you, I get you so much…the Threadiverse and Fedi in general seem to lack female-oriented fandom-spaces. It really feels like we’re pioneers trying to build everything from the ground up. The good thing is that, since the general purpose-fandom communities are still small as well, we have the opportunity to help shape them! (I have been trying that with the more general visual novel communities, for example).

I personally have been too shy to promote my communities outside of fedi yet… (._.)

• Elevator7009@ani.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 days ago

It does not help that there were other women when I was initially on otomegames@kbin.social but they dropped off eventually and kbin.social is dead. Not sure where they went or if they’ll find this place.

A silver lining to the otome community being small on the Fediverse is that it is okay to make duplicate communities. I specifically created this community instead of trying to reactivate the inactive !otome_games@lemmy.world because frankly the English errors in the sidebar were not a good look, and I wanted a community that could not fall prey to one of my greatest annoyances in online anime-adjacent fandom: the community being all fanart reposts, with little to no discussion or original fanart. !otome_games@lemmy.world allowed non-original fanart, !otomegames@ani.social does not. r/otomegames was more discussion and original fanart than just Pixiv reposts and I really liked that. I liked that a lot and wanted to bring some of that here. (And I also get to be less harsh on self-promoters. I understand not wanting the sub spammed with Discords or daily dev updates but I certainly do not want to chuck new communities in a weekly self-promo post nobody reads, or restrict new devs quite as heavily as r/otomegames does.)