Hello everyone!

Recently, I saw so many posts about this and I started to think about degoogling (degoogleing?) my life.

I’ve started with fdroid and found some nice apps in there and I’m curious to know some alternatives I may or may not know

• Youtube: Currently, I use ReVanced and even though is just the default app with something in it, I want an alternative with background listening, import my subscriptions w/ notifications and if possible with sponsorblock
  • Mail: Using a combo or Gmail + proton. I started to use proton recently and I want to move everything there when I have time. Suggestions here?
  • Cloud storage: Self hosted/proton? Alternatives
  • Gallery app: Stock
  • Video player: Stock
  • Music player: Stock
  • 2FA app: I have Authy and I tried to install aegis. I also have Ente but I’ve never used both
  • Mail app: Using K9 and the app is awesome compared to google or Samsung Mail
  • Password Manager: Bitwarden
  • Weather app: Currently, using Breezy weather

If possible, apps with a nice looking UI, modern with/without Material You

I’m using a Samsung S23 and I would like to know how bad it is to change ROM with something better and if it’s really worth Pixel + GrapheneOS. Thanks

Edit: I forgot the most important one with probably no alternatives (?) Thanks to @JustMarkov@lemmy.ml (idk how to mention)

• Samsung pay
  • SomeLemmyUser
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    19 days ago

Comes down to preference in security vs. Convenience: Keepass is local, so more safe, but with the downside of no automatic sync. can be solved with KDE connect (completly local) or nextcloud (trusted server) though it is not as smooth of a user experience.

Battery is good in my opinion, had an used LCD smartphone before, which held barely a day in the end, this one has two days and a half with battery saver kicking in at 25% which is more than enough for me.