• PotatoesFall
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    16 days ago

He only wrote that to improve image and sales. He still knows it’s the right thing, but he never cared about that.

Remember when Elon started leaning into being an internet sensation and memelord? I think that’s when his campaign for more power started. Economic power is no longer enough.

His interview with Trump shows nothing less than Elon trying to get himself in good standing with the MAGA crowd. I guess he decided that conservative and reactionary politics are best for amassing power.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Elon runs for president or some other influential position once Trump is gone. He clearly wants to be perceived as a younger, smarter, more moderate Trump.

• CitizenKong@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      16 days ago

Thankfully, he can’t run for president. And he’s doing the exact same thing as Trump who even said publicly that he would become a Republican because they are easier to grift.

• ryrybang@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        16 days ago

The U.S. Constitution uses but does not define the phrase “natural born Citizen” and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its exact meaning.

Don’t be too sure. This particular SC might allow Elon to run because…reasons. And by reasons, I mean free chartered flights anywhere in the world, brand new RVs, and paying rent for justices’ mamas.

• Flocklesscrow@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      16 days ago

Almost all “altruism” and “philanthropy” is just whitewashing/ego stroking some Capitalist’s ill-begotten gains.

• KyuubiNoKitsune@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      16 days ago

Yep. He has an interview in a movie called Racing Extinction, and it was watching that that made me realise he only cares about money, he didn’t do it to improve anything.

• Zink@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      16 days ago

He only wrote that to improve image and sales.

Along this line of thought, what are the chances he’s being (more of) a right-wing chud in order to sell more of his stupid pickup truck?

• Cosmicomical@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        16 days ago

Low. He’s a right wing chicken because of the tax cuts and all the other benefits the rich get from that party