• Ibuthyr
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    18 days ago

Shouldn’t we learn something from the Brits? They basically outlawed knives, yet the problem with knife fights is getting worse. Someone else in this thread kinda debunked my statement, so there’s that!

• YourPrivatHater@ani.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      18 days ago

Its not debunked, this is about terrorism and laws don’t work for terrorism. We know UK isn’t important enough to have a actual terrorism problem, but we are and shitty populist law changes won’t help at all.

• federal reverse@feddit.orgM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        18 days ago

UK isn’t important enough

I know, we all hate Brexit but no need to be quite this condescending. The UK is an economic power, just weaker than it used to be, especially in relation to how neighbors developed.

to have a actual terrorism problem

I believe the UK recently was the site of right-wing riots (and a stabbing).

• YourPrivatHater@ani.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          18 days ago

I know, we all hate Brexit but no need to be quite this condescending. The UK is an economic power, just weaker than YT used to be, especially in relation.

Its not about economic power regarding terrorism, they dont have Ramstein and they are very hard to reach for such terrorists France and Germany are way more freedom loving countries and such attacks here are working way better than in uk

I believe the UK recently was the site of right-wing riots (and a stabbing).

Nither of wich are terrorism, the riots are at worst domestic terrorism wich is a completely different story. What happened in Solingen and Mannheim where Islamic terrorist attacks and they are now used to push authoritarian shit on the population that doesn’t help the problem at all, and facing a at least partial AFD government these permissions and ability will be abused. Laws are made so they protect the people even in the worst case scenario, these laws and ideas are already up to no good even with seemingly good intentions.