• Tolookah
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    17 days ago

I’m kind of hoping the silence on Gaza turns loud once the election is close enough that AIPAC money won’t fuck the election.

• Todd Bonzalez@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      17 days ago

I honestly don’t give a shit how loud they are about it before the election, I just want to see them take action once Kamala is in office.

Right now I just want to see them win the election, because everything else I want is off-the-table otherwise. If being quiet on controversial issues right now helps, then they should do that.

• Tolookah
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        17 days ago

Right, but turning vocal on it right before the election might get some more people to actually vote, and higher turnout means Dems win.

• archomrade [he/him]@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        17 days ago

Like how Biden has been taking action on it while he’s been in office…?

There’s zero evidence Harris will do anything she hasn’t voiced support for once she’s in office, and she has no actual motivation to do so once the election is over.

“We just need to win” is literally just that.

• Zaktor@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          16 days ago

And the only time when Biden has seemed to briefly change tact on Israel was when his polling for the upcoming election was suffering. All this philosophy about “don’t make a stink now, it’s only going to get Trump elected” is bullshit, because it very much also might make Democrats decide trans-rights/Palestine actually matter. Quietly storing it away for after the election will do absolutely nothing.

• Ensign_Crab@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            16 days ago

All this philosophy about “don’t make a stink now, it’s only going to get Trump elected” is bullshit, because it very much also might make Democrats decide trans-rights/Palestine actually matter.

That’s the only reason centrists don’t want anyone making a fuss about it.