• 4shtonButcher
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    14 days ago

Especially excited bout the medium screen sizes. I like my small eReader but sometimes need something larger for PDFs and to make highlighting and searching easier in non-fiction books. The giant tablet I am typing this on is nice for web and video, but it’s just too massive for reading and it appears tablets have the seem problem as smartphones with becoming ever bigger.

• EngineerGaming@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      13 days ago

Mine is about 20cm in diagonal, and I find this size perfect. Most of my textbooks are only available as PDF/DJVU, often as scans. And those that do have a text version often end up with messed-up formatting or a lot of recognition errors that make reading annoying, so even then I usually opt for a “raw” scan, despite lesser convenience.

• conciselyverbose@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

You can get 7,8,10 inch screens for ereaders, in addition to smaller ones. Where is there a gap?

(The only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger on a 10 inch color one is because I’ll just be annoyed when 13 finally happens. Reading on big screens is awesome.) But there are options all over sizes below that.