• KomfortablesKissen
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    15 days ago

Yes, that “at launch”. But you trust that FAQ, not like I want to do anything about that.

• GoodEye8@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      15 days ago

Have you considered taking therapy? Because you’re literally making up shit to hate on a game, it’s not healthy.

• KomfortablesKissen
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        15 days ago

I’m sharing my distrust in the communication to the players based on shit that happened in the past. But thanks for the personal attack disguised as concern.

• GoodEye8@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          15 days ago

Actually I found it pretty disturbing that you’d make shit up just to throw a shade, so I’d consider the concern genuine even if poorly communicated.

Seriously, normal people don’t go “but what if they’re lying” any time something is said.

• KomfortablesKissen
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            14 days ago

They do when lied to often. Doesn’t need to be the same source, just the same ballpark.

• GoodEye8@lemm.ee
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              14 days ago

I’m just going to repeat what I said. Normal people don’t go “but what if they’re lying” any time something is said. They do it when it’s the same entity doing the saying, like if Ubisoft said they’re going to try something different normal people wouldn’t believe then, but normal people don’t generalize everyone. Just because Ubisoft or EA or ActiBliz has told lies doesn’t mean EVERY developer tells lies. It’s incredibly toxic to think everyone is lying.

• KomfortablesKissen
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                14 days ago

It is incredibly toxic, do you think that I do that? Over a “Why the over specific denial”? Seems a bit harsh. Are normal people that harsh?

It’s a lived example of the “one bad apple spoils the bunch”. There are quite a few bad apples in the publisher space, some on the developer side. Do normal people just not recognize patterns in an industry? Are normal people apathetic about how an industry treats them?

• GoodEye8@lemm.ee
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  14 days ago

It is incredibly toxic, do you think that I do that? Over a “Why the over specific denial”?

But you did. Everyone else was either optimistic or “yeah, whatever” about the statement, only you went “there must be something wrong with the statement”. You are literally the only person in this thread questioning if it’s genuine.

It’s a lived example of the “one bad apple spoils the bunch”. There are quite a few bad apples in the publisher space, some on the developer side. Do normal people just not recognize patterns in an industry? Are normal people apathetic about how an industry treats them?

This is how bigots talk. “Some black people are bad people so I will treat all black people as bad people”. “Some immigrants are bad people so all immigrants are bad”. “Some young folk are lazy so all young folk are lazy”. etc.

People notice patterns, as I pointed out with Ubisoft and Blizzard and EA. But people don’t make sweeping generalizations based on those patterns. Just because Ubisoft is shitty doesn’t mean we should be questioning everything Larian says. The problem isn’t skepticism, the problem is that you’re making huge generalizations to then be skeptical which leads you to make unfounded criticism.

• KomfortablesKissen
                    link
                    fedilink
                    English
                    arrow-up
                    ·
                    14 days ago

No idea what you want to say in the first paragraph. I understand that you think it’s toxic to have a different opinion? Pretty sure that’s not what you meant.

There is a big difference between corporations and people. Bigotry against people cannot compare to bigotry against corporations. And then there’s a difference from that to an industry. Most notably there’s something called “industry standard” which (most often) the market leader sets and the competition copies in an attempt to catch up. To resist this means to potentialy lose money, something only few companies want or tolerate.

I can recommend searching for Cory Doctorow’s idea of “Enshittification” to get an understanding why companies might use costumer favourable policies at their beginning which they revoke in favor of more money later. It’s what made Amazon big, or Facebook. I’m sure you won’t, but there might be readers of this dialogue that might be interested.

No, I don’t know Saber’s internal politics toward this, and no, I don’t share your chipper attitude towards their intentions.
                    I do recognize they were nice to their customers, which is a good thing. But they were recently acquired by Beacon Interactive which doesn’t even have a wikipedia page. The future remains unclear. I don’t know where their path will take them, neither do you. You trust them at your own risk.

• Lightor@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          15 days ago

Well your stance is “don’t trust them” because they could lie. Then why listen to anything they say at all or engage in the convo?

• KomfortablesKissen
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            14 days ago

Interesting choices of questions. I don’t listen to what they say, I look at what they did. Hence my opinion.

Why do I engage in this convo? Not much to do on a Monday evening. Why do you engage in this convo?

• Lightor@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              14 days ago

Well I was looking for an engaging convo, not chat with someone doesn’t trust anyone or anything. It seems there’s no shared perception of reality we can have a conversation about, it happens.