I don’t want to see PGP rejection based on usability. So, to level the field at user level we take Delta Chat, which uses PGP. If I understand that correctly.

I have no knowledge of telegram security at all.

• BearOfaTime@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      13 days ago

Meh. I only read a translated version, so it’s hard to tell nuance.

But nothing in there is inaccurate. Maybe overstated.

Personally Signal seems trustworthy, but… I have some ambivalence, given their bullshit reasons for dropping SMS support. They claimed it cost them engineering, which is at best wrong, at worst a flat out lie. Signal has nothing to do with how SMS is managed - it merely hands the message to Android’s SMS system. It’s trivial. So why would they drop support and use that lie?

When I’m being misled, I start to look at everything else as having a bit more validity.

Plus UI/UX on signal sucks. It’s no better than the lamest SMS app. Hell, old SMS apps are better. And no multi-device sync. They claim it can’t be done and maintain encryption. Right. Clients just need to use the same encryption key…like Telegram does, and now Teleguard - and they’re claiming full e2e at all times.

• Upstream7564
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        12 days ago

But nothing in there is inaccurate. Maybe overstated.

Do your homework… 🙄

Seriously, fact check before you comment something which is not true. I will reply later wth a longer response when I got time to :)