Incase it doesn’t show up:

• dependencyinjection
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    14 days ago

Hey, thanks for explaining the project for me. That sounds fascinating, is it public? Not that I want to steal it, I never got into Lego, just would like to see exactly how it works.

It also begs the question of how much Lego you actually have lol.

I’ve been thinking of building Lego when I’m sad but it seems so expensive.

• Treczoks@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 days ago

No, the project is still in its early stages, far from what I would publish.

Regarding the amount of LEGO, well, if I write a resource management and inventory system, you can imagine that it is a bit more than a handfull. My current estimates are around one million bricks, give or take a few hundred k. One of the reason to inventorize it…

• dependencyinjection
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        13 days ago

Thanks again.

Do you make money with Lego or is it purely a hobby. Apologies for the questions I’m inherently curious and this is very interesting.

• Treczoks@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          13 days ago

I don’t make money with it, on the contrary - my son is a bit more direct here and claims I’m wasting money ;-) It is just a hobby. OK, a big one. I build my own models for fun and exhibit them at shows and events.

And: Curiosity is good. It kept the human race advancing.

• dependencyinjection
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            13 days ago

Thanks again.

I would say that it isn’t wasted money if it’s something you enjoy and brings you pleasure or satisfaction.