I hardly use the site and I just tried making an account to ask a question on a hobby subReddit.

The site is plagued by errors, every five seconds “We had a server error”

Any time I tried to post “You post was automatically removed” no explanation. And this isn’t a “you posted something against the rules” kind of thing because the posts I was trying to make were the same as the one other people were making on the sub. Half the time even when I tried to comment on a post the “server encounted an error”.

Not to mention the site blocks you if you try to use a VPN.

Is it because I’m using mobile Firefox? Who cares? If Lemmy can function fine on a mobile browser, Reddit, one of the most famous and popular social media platforms on the internet can.

So I deleted my account. Why bother having a Reddit account if you can’t even use it? I know complaining about Reddit is cringe and overdone, but damn I had no idea how far the site had fallen.

I swear these popular sites are trying to destroy themselves. There is no logical reason they should be this broken. It’s almost like these corporations are purposely trying to break the internet.

• ColeSloth
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 days ago

If you want to doom scroll for over like 45 minutes, you still have to reddit if you don’t want the content to run dry. Current lems biggest weakness is not enough users/contributors. Keeps getting better. Just slowly. Not like the migration slam from Digg to Reddit was.