• unexposedhazard
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 days ago

I havent used shampoo in a bit over a year and my hair and head skin is better than ever.

Cant live without soap tho.

The general idea, that putting a bunch of really aggressive chemicals on your skin is bad for it, has some sense behind it imo.

• Shard@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 days ago

Get a low pH(5.5) body soap.

It will allow you to properly wash yourself off but still maintain a healthy environment for the good bacteria.

Normal soaps are like a 9-10 pH. Which wreaks havoc on the good bacteria. And allows the bad an opportunity to colonize your skin

• festnt@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 days ago

so… soaps are generally base and not acid, 5.5 is a weak acid. (sorry had to edit cause i thought it was stronger)

soap is generally 12ph

what is happening here? are you using acid soap? how different is it from normal soap? how does it taste?

• Shard@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 days ago

Perhaps Body wash would have been a better term to use.

However in the general parlance of the word “soap” it still lathers and washes just like normal body soap does but they’ve somehow figured a way to keep the pH acidic and skin/good bacteria friendly. A bit more pricey but if you have sensitive skin or you find your body odor creeps in too soon after a shower, give it a try. Your skin will thank you for it.

Sebamed Face and Body Wash for Sensitive Skin pH 5.5 https://a.co/d/4dVBpAO