• Landslide7648
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    7 hours ago

I’ve worked quite extensively with youth, including in radicalisation prevention. Children model their lives after adults. The term role model is simply different for children and for older people.

You are mixing up a lot of terms here without actually defining for what age group you want to apply them. So yeah, I can say with a lot of confidence that the death of young children is horrible, but it’s not the driving factor behind radicalisation. The reaction of the people around is.

• Eximius@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 hours ago

I dont apply to a specific age group. From my personal understanding, as people grow up (and of course it depends heavily on education, culture), people will have strong memories from childhood and will reflect on them throughout life.

Hardships would likely cause people to not want their children to have hardships. Loss would likely cause vengeful directions to be righteous.

It’s only if the losses or hardships (over their life) are resolved do they go away, otherwise, it is fuel for fire. Whether radicalized or not. In this case, I would like to know what you perceive as radicalized here. I would only attribute terroristic desires or genocidal intentions, or other inhumane (as defined by international law) goals as radicalization.

It is not radical at all to want vengeance, or to punish for pain inflicted. It’s natural and even lawful if done within confines of agreed law, and many times required, otherwise anyone can do anything without objection or accountability.