• Bluefalcon
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 hours ago

I felt the critic was well through out and non decisive. They accurately described how religion and the religious are conjoined together at the hip.

If you need real world examples of religion being bad for humans, crack open any paper or look at any creditable news site. Gaza, multiple cleansing in Africa, West China, cults in Japan and South Korea, U.S. politics, India … It is not hard to find the root cause.

But you calling them an asshole was a good comeback.

• sentientity@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 hour ago

I’m not ignorant. I just think specifically attacking someone for their religion is shitty. There are way better ways to combat abuses of power than laying it all at the feet of every single person of a certain faith. That is being an asshole in my book.

• Bluefalcon
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        44 minutes ago

“I just think specifically attacking someone for their religion is shitty.”

I think physically attacking someone because of your religion or them not buying into your religion is worse. Religions took the whole “sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me” ass backwards.

We are watching a native group of people being cleansed from the earth because of a book. If I murdered 40,000 people because of Santa Clause, I would be the most wanted criminal. However, we praise them and say it is " God’s will."

Fuck you and the imaginary shit you believe. Butt hurt because they pointed out a very accurate fact. Even the Abrahamic religious have a story about how everyone cooperating was against “God” in the tale of the Tower of Babel.