MSI Bravo 15 A4DDR Gaming & Design CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 2.9GHz (16 CPUs) Ram : 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz Hardisk : M.2 512GB Nvme SSD VGA 1 : AMD Radeon™ Graphics UpTo 8GB VGA 2 : AMD Radeon RX 5500M UpTo 12GB

• unexposedhazard
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    14 hours ago

comparable to RTX 30series

That sadly doesnt mean anything. That would range from 3050 to 3090 so its meaningless.

According to userbenchmarks, the more powerful desktop version of the RX 5500 is still weaker than a Nvidia 3050. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-3050-vs-AMD-RX-5500/4127vs4059

So its pretty weak, comparable to a Nvidia 1060 roughly. Which is still fine for 2D games and most 3D games at low settings.

• orsetto@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      14 hours ago

I’m not really sure, but wasn’t userbenchmark biased in favor of nvidia gpu?

In any case, I agree that an rx5500 is on the weaker side, so don’t expect much, but it shouldn’t be a lot worse than an rtx3050 (i’m not an expert tho)

• unexposedhazard
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        14 hours ago

Yeah there was something there but its still in the right league at least. It might change the ranking slightly but it wont change that its at the low end.

• vaionko@sopuli.xyz
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 hours ago

For CPUs it’s pretty bad. It says the Intel i3-9100f (4 core, 4 thread 3.6GHz) is just as good as the AMD Ryzen 7 3700x (8 core, 16 thread 3.6GHz) even though the actual difference is massive.

• orsetto@lemmy.dbzer0.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 hours ago

Yup, no doubts there.

Anyway, OP, if I were you I’d buy that laptop (not for gaming tho, or at least not if you’re looking for something more than “good enough”)