Looking for an alternative to synology photos. I moved over to synology about 3 years ago and am now considering moving out of the synology ecosystem. I’m looking for something that has a decent android app, wifi syncing, shareable albums, all the standard stuff.

Edit: thanks for the many replies, I’ll likely move to nextcloud as I was planning on deploying that anyway as a synology drive replacement. I’ll look into immich as well.

• DontNoodles
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Does Immich support deduplication of images? I have a large set of old scanned photos that I put on photoprism that has deduplication listed as one of its features. It puts photos in its own database.

Also, how is the face recognition of Immich when compared to others like photoprism?

• Verbose2812@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

if they have the same hash the deduplication thing will work. if they are different quality or other stuff no. thare are plans to implement something regarding more advanced deduplication but not anything implemented at the moment.

• DontNoodles
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Thanks. I think the Photoprism deduplication also works based on hashes and is good enough for my needs. I’ll give it a try.