• nothacking
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

No, if you want to see a community more, subscribe to it so it shows up in your subscribe feed. The “Hot” ranking is only based on the age of a post and the score, “Active” is similar but using the time of the last comment instead.

The feeds are “All”, including every post on Lemmy, “Local”, including only posts to your instance’s communities, and “Subscribed” showing subscribed (joined) communities.

• Akasazh@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I do see some clumping of communities in /all. Sometimes every other post will be from a certain community. I notice it most of its something nsfw.

I do not know what it is that the sorting algorithm decides that I’m into short haired ladies this one day and into furry the other, but somehow it does.

• cerevant@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I think what you are seeing is a small number of users making a large number of posts to certain communities in a short time. Lemmy isn’t large enough to have an organic flow of content from different people, given that most users are lurkers.

• Akasazh@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Yeah I figured something like that. It’s just curious to be assigned a certain ‘flavor of the day’ in such a random fashion/

• 6xpipe_@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

I do see some clumping of communities in /all. Sometimes every other post will be from a certain community

I had to block Star Wars Memes.

• siyuze@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Doesn’t “All” show all posts from communities on your own, and other instances when someone on your instance has joined them? Or is that no longer the case and did I miss that?

• bric@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yes, but thats because your instance doesn’t start federating with another instance until someone subscribes to a community from the other instance, your instance just won’t have any posts to display