Well hello again, I have just learned that the host that recently had both nvme drives fail upon drive replacement, now has new problems: the filesystem report permanent data errors affecting the database of both, Matrix server and Telegram bridge.

I have just rented a new machine and am about to restore the database snapshot of the 26. of july, just in case. All the troubleshooting the recent days was very exhausting, however, i will try to do or at least prepare this within the upcoming hours.

Update

After a rescan the errors have gone away, however the drives logged errors too. It’s now the question as to whether the data integrety should be trusted.

Status august 1st

Well … good question… optimizations have been made last night, the restore was successful and … we are back to debugging outgoing federation :(

The new hardware also will be a bit more powerful… and yes, i have not forgotten that i wanted to update that database. It’s just that i was busy debugging federation problems.

References

• erAckA
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Milan, in compensation for all this hassle you should take the next three Mondays off.