Hi!

I have my Home Assistant in a proxmox vm. I hadn’t bluetooth, so I bought a Sabrent BT-040 which seeing the documentation it says to work without any problem on HA. My problem is that the integration works, but I’m not able to find any of my devices in Home Assistant. I have 2 speakers which work eith bluetooth and I can’t figure out how to integrate them into my HA. Anyone has similar experiences?

Thanks!!

• ZuriMuri
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Make sure you introduce your USB dongle through ProxMox to the VM on which HA ist installed. There is an USB-option in the menu for your VM where you can choose which USB device or port from the Host should be passed trough. Once that is done figure out how the USB is connected to your HA VM via the HA shell. Something like

ls /dev/tty*

should give you the path you will need to integrate it into HA (if autodiscovery doesn’t work).

• jrke3ok2@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

The dongle was introduced like you say and HA finda it and I am able to confugure it, the problem is from this point forward, it is not able to find anything… thanks for your help!