I remember 1 year ago, asking on how to get it running on 4.4.2, but no one told me how to get it to run. So here’s how to get it on Android 4.4.x. There are 2 methods to get it to run:

1. With Kiwi Browser (recommended, gets security updates even tho its an older version)
  2. With Firefox (not recommended as it’s pretty old)
1) With Kiwi Browser (recommended as it still gets security updates)
1. Install the last supported Kiwi Browser for Android 4.4
2. Go to crx4chrome and download an older extension of Bitwarden (preferably the first 2022 one)
3. Go to extensions and enable dev mode, and load that crx extension!
4. Enjoy Bitwarden on Android 4.4.x!
_________________________________________________________________________________
2) With Firefox 68
1. Install Firefox 68
2. In Firefox lookup Bitwarden version history for Firefox, then find one of the first 2022 versions. I tried the first 2022 version and it worked, I didn't try the few newer 2022 ones, as the first one just worked but you can try newer if you want.
3. Install it.
4. Go to about:config, search for extensions.update.enabled and toggle it. This will disable auto updates of extensions, so bitwarden does not auto update, making the extension not work.
5. Enjoy Bitwarden on Android 4.4.x!

• Chemical Wonka
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I think is not possible with the new version of Bitwarden because of SDK limitations of the new app version that is no longer compatible with the old SDK of your system. But I can be wrong.