This post should NOT be taken as some kind of insult towards the mods of the previous subreddit, nor should it be seen as some justification for the dumb crap that Reddit is trying to pull with their API. I am totally against Reddit trying to price gouge people who make their site better.

However, I made a post on the thread that announced the indefinite lockdown that people would not switch sites and ultimately it would harm the community because 75-80% of people wouldn’t switch, and it seems my number was really wrong. It is more like 95%+. I guess I am making this thread to ask if it is worth fracturing the main place for the PoE community to gather (for better or worse)? I think it is worth a legitimate discussion, because I hate the idea that the PoE community is the one getting harmed because of Reddit’s poor decision making. Maybe Reddit will change their tune and this won’t matter, but if they’re not are we just going to stay away from there forever? Unless this site (which is out of control of the mods here) gets massive upgrades then I just don’t ever see it being used at all.

Feel free to give your thoughts and I hope that my post comes across as genuine.