With the recent password sharing crackdown, I decided to ditch my Netflix subscription and try piracy. What I miss about Netflix is scrolling through content and finding something to watch. With piracy I need to know exactly what I am looking for.

So I am wondering if it’s possible to have a Netflix like GUI but powered by piracy? And as this is the pirate world, it shows shows and movies not just from Netflix but also from the other streaming services? And finally it is available on TVs ( Samsung tizen in my case). Something like this would be the best case scenario. Wondering if someone has a similar setup?

• DontNoodles
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I’m having a good experience with Samsung DeX on an 7 year old TV. Gives me a trackpad with keypad on my phone to navigate a full OS on a large screen. In a pinch, I connected a Bluetooth keyboard to my phone and have even used it as a document editor using Google Docs without any hitch.

• Whirlybird@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I love Dex too, but let’s not try to pretend it’s anything more than a niche use case for what OP is asking.