I’m asking new joiners because I know it can be confusing at first to see issues with content discoverability, instances unavailability, people migrating accounts, etc.

• BlazeOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I see, quite niche indeed.

There are still a few, though.

For Solarpunk, you have the whole slrpnk.net instances with several communities such as !solarpunk@slrpnk.net

!lego@lemmy.ml exists but is quite quiet.

The rest is indeed probably too niche. These communities won’t happen here until we have a more stable platform (which Sync contributes to), with moderation tools, RES-like navigation etc.

Then, we’ll probably be able to suggest to some communities to massively move here. That could work, and even if it’s only a few, that would already be a victory to keep away from what Reddit has become.

In the meantime, I just think that a lot of Lemmy users keep an eye on Reddit for such communities.

• kraftpudding@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, I know some of them are really niche, and centered around common experiences, not a piece of IP, which are usually communities that really profit from being in one place. I’ll surely check out solarpunk tho. Thanks!