I finished the second series yesterday and I’m ready to share what I thought of it.

spoiler

The cold openings, the mini episodes within the episodes are not as interconnected as Gaiman might have thought. Why does Crowley seemed to know everything and Aziraphale flutters like a leaf for telling a lie. Didn’t he, against God’s will, give his flaming sword to humans, which inadvertently became humans’ first weapon, and then became War’s sword? And where was the Crowley that changed the paintball guns into real guns? Why is he always so nice all of a sudden?

It’s a shame that it was filmed under Covid restrictions, but then why produce what was basically a “bridge” series? A little bird told me that the storyline Pterry and Gaiman discussed back in the days was about The Second Coming, that was teased in the final moment in the final episode of this series. Well. I wish that was what we’d had gotten instead.

This series is the Aziraphale & Crowley show and that’s okay. So why on earth were they separated for whole episodes midway through? And I like the kiss, though I found the way it was cut was cheesy.

This is not to say I didn’t like series 2, I laughed a lot, it’s entertaining enough, but to me it’s no where near as good as the first series.

If I have to give it a rating out of ten, ten being perfect, one being not only technically bad but also morally offensive, this is a 6,9. I liked it enough, but series 1 was an 8,8.

• PerCaritaOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Ah, I see. I love the book. Just reading the first page gives me a fuzzy, happy feeling. Having said that, I’m also not a fan of Gaiman’s solo works, despite giving them another chance, again and again.

I thought this was the century of the golden bat and TV shows are awesome. What makes you feel like you’re over most TV shows? (This is not me throwing shade, I’m really curious)

• alex [they, il]@jlai.lu
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I don’t know! I think the main issue is that since 2020 my work, which was always computer heavy, has starting revolving more and more on video calls. And now, staring at a screen and watching a video is a chore, not a pleasure at all anymore. I’ve found myself going back to reading good old books in the past couple of years!