• @jmcs
    link
    English
    689 months ago

If there’s no path to make it profitable, they will buy all the useful assets and let the rest go bankrupt.

• @JeffCraig@citizensgaming.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      139 months ago

Microsoft reported profitability in their AI products last quarter, with a substantial gain in revenue from it.

It won’t take long for them to recoup their investment in OpenAI.

If OpenAI has been more responsible in how they released ChatGPT, they wouldn’t be facing this problem. Just completely opening Pandora’s box because they were racing to beat everyone else out was extremely irresponsible and if they go bankrupt because of it then whatever.

There’s plenty of money to be made in AI without everyone just fighting over how to do it in the most dangerous way possible.

I’m also not sure nVidia is making the right decision trying their company to AI hardware. Sure, they’re making mad money right now, but just like the crypto space that can dry up instantly.

• @dartos@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        139 months ago

I don’t think you’re right about nvidia. Their hardware is used for SO much more than AI. They’re fine.

Plus their own AI products are popping off rn. DLSS and their frame generation one (I forget the name) are really popular in the gaming space.

I think they also have a new DL-based process for creating stencils for silicon photolithography which, in my limited knowledge, seems like a huge deal.