Insomniac Games has revealed some accessibility features coming to Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 including the ability to slow down gameplay.

• monolift
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

To some extent. But why can’t you just match those with like-for-like accessibly features turned on?

• jjjalljs@ttrpg.network
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

That’s probably fine. Like if you want to play with triple iframes you can play with other people that have triple iframes (or who said they’re ok with that). I just don’t think you should be able to adjust your iframes whenever you want. Like, not in the middle of a match you’re losing.

I don’t know how to solve match making if you have a lot of those settings. Like if you can change iframes, parry frames, max health, max stamina, max incoming damage, min outgoing damage, and so on, that’s an explosive set of variables. You’d be lucky to find someone with your exact settings. Which is maybe fine? Maybe most people would use the defaults.

But the last time I had this conversation, some guy was adamant he should be able to play with me even if he has his settings tweaked to be nigh indestructible.