• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Must be different in sweden then, here there’s a pretty significant issue with garbage on the countryside since people will buy stuff like mcdonalds and just toss the trash out the car window.

Making those things out of paper has vastly improved things, people still insist on littering but at least now the trash turns to slush after a rainshower so it doesn’t continue building up indefinitely. (I will also give props to fast food places, they have made most things from paper for as long as i can remember, it seems we just needed to give them a firm boot in the ass to make them change the more difficult stuff too)

Next i wish we could improve the packaging for things like chocolate bars, that’s by far the most common type of trash to see caught up in shrubs near where people spend a lot of time in cities.

• Int_not_found@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Things can be problematic in many different ways. The fact that the vast majority of plastic lands in the bin, doesn’t implie that the part that lands in the environment isn’t a problem.

Ironically in this case both problems can be solved by similar measures, like your example.