Do you have any ideas for a password safe that stores its data locally (an encrypted cloud drive is available for synchronizing), offers clients for Linux, Win and Android and has some amenities like filling in passwords in browsers?

My family needs to learn password safety, and I want to make it easy for them.

• cryptix
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Since its for your family and some password manager is better than no password manager , I feel bitwarden is the most convenient solution. Its a good balance between security and paranoia.

For you keepass would make sense .

• _edge
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This, consider Bitwarden. The password save will be in the cloud, i.e. on someone else computer, but all your devices are probably on the cloud to some degree with the risk of hostile takeover.

Bitwarden’s sync and browser integration is top-notch and more importantly just works.

With the keepass* family you need to work out your personal setup, which clients can sync with what storage. And do they integrated with your favorite browser and apps?

Your family will understand and love Bitwarden. The client is open-source and encryption happens locally (unless on the web app), so you can approve it. Maybe KeePass* will work for you personally or for some special passwords, where security is more important than availability…