• 👍Maximum Derek👍
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

It’s depressing how often I try to buy from the manufacturer, and their shop is an Amazon store.

• BritishJ@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

This is so annoying. Also if a seller is selling the same fake product, it will get binned with the official retailers :) so it’s just pot luck.

• CIWS-30@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

This crap has sent me back to physical stores. If they have it in stock, I don’t have to wait for it to ship, I just drive there and pick it up. Same with returns too, and exchanges. Same day.

Plus, I can trust that the company itself has probably looked at and tested the products, and has a real product and not a fake. I doubt I’m the only one going back to brick and mortar as well.

• SomeRandomWords@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

It’s even worse when you go to the manufacturer’s website, order it directly there, and then have it delivered using Amazon fulfillment still despite trying to avoid it.

• FireTower@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Maybe it’s just due to what I’m buying online but if I can’t find it for sale on the manufacturer’s website I often can get it from a ‘smaller’ retailer or the webpage for a big box store like Best Buy or REI.