They have approximately now lost over 5000 subscribers which equates to about $25000 per month or $300000 per year in lost revenue.

• mustardman
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Those people can simply resubscribe if LTT is exonerated so it’s not like it’s a death sentence.

• Kecessa@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

They never said people can’t do that, but saying that the investigation with be bad before it has even started is just jumping to conclusions.

• mustardman
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

There are so many stories about them having a toxic workplace. Happy employees generally don’t record all hands meetings on sensitive subjects, which occured after that onr employee left. It’s pretty safe to say it’s a toxic environment and investigations will simply reveal the degree of toxicity. I don’t blame anyone who wants to donate money to toxic people.

• unscholarly_source@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Allegations kickstart an investigative process to validate or invalidate a claim. I’m not at all saying that the allegations might not be true (before anyone misconstrues my position). But saying “it’s pretty safe to say it’s s toxic environnement and investigating will reveal the degree of toxicity” is jumping to conclusions.

Allegations and stories are NOT evidence. They are claims that need to be verified. This is why, before the days of DNA testing, so many people were wrongly convicted.

The probability is high that LMG has institutional toxicity. I’m just saying to allow for due process before passing judgement. And once everything is on the table, go HAM.

• mustardman
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

They have responded poorly to some of the allegations. This isn’t some court system where exemplary evidence is required for conviction. If I think people are acting sketchy then I don’t really care about supporting them.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              10 months ago

And that’s your prerogative lol. I just personally choose to follow due process prior to judgement. Otherwise, I would be repeating the same mistake Linus did (continuously), which is a pre-mature emotional response. Doesn’t mean it has to be followed by everyone, and vice versa.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  10 months ago

You seem to lean on a number of mis-assumptions to drive your rage-driven response. As such you prove my point exactly.

I said due process. You equate that to a legal context and legal system. I never referenced the legal system because I know full well the shortcomings of a justice system. They are not designed to seek truth but to right the wronged. The legal system is flawed.

I don’t know how to respond to the remainder of your post, because again, they are made based on assumptions of things that I did not even reference in my comments. Rape victims and abusers? Linus and James in chains?

Literally all I was advocating for is that I personally prefer to follow through a process before passing judgement. If you really want to know my position on the matter, you can read my comment history, instead of making assumptions on a single comment. This is exactly what I mean by emotional response, and is no different than Linus’ outburst.

Edit: it seems from your comment history you’ve also misconstrued other people’s comments. It may be good to take a step back and look at things objectively, or risk repeating the exact same mistake Linus made. To quote you: do better.

• mustardman
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                10 months ago

I think that’s fair and respect your decision to do so.