Or more broadly, creepy/unexplainable stories? Anything that’s happened that makes your skin crawl when you think about it.

(image from scary stories to tell in the dark, to set the vibe)

• Hazzia
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I got one. It’s not very scary as a retelling, but I was certainly spooked enough I couldn’t fall asleep that night.

A few weeks after my grandma passed away, while I was staying at her house so that it would be occupied for insurance purposes, I was chilling in bed in the guest room I normally stayed in before going to sleep; only light in the room is from my phone.

then notice what at first I think is a firefly coming through the door of the room. Then I notice that it’s not flashing in the same way a firefly does, nor does it appear to be attached to a bug at all. It’s green like a firefly, but pulsating rapidly and never actually going dark. I stare at it for a while, trying to readjust my eyes, turning on a lamp, assuming I’m having an optical illusion moment.

After I realized that the properties were both consistent and didn’t match anything I know of or have seen around the area in my whole life, my panicky brain did the only thing it knew how: swear at it. I said something along the lines of “what the fuck is that get the fuck out of my room”, and then watched it slowly meander towards the door and disappear into the wall above it. I checked again and nope - no firefly or any kinda bug hanging out over the door.

I told my mom about it the next day. She then proceeds to inform me that a couple of days prior, she decided to store my grandma’s ashes in the garage there, but didn’t want to tell me because I’d get spooked.

So - while still not exactly convinced it was anything paranormal - sorry Grandma