To summarize, this scandinavian comedy trio from the 90’s made a parody of Miami Vice. This being 90’s scandinavia, you can probably guess that the actors/comedians didn’t exactly have the melanin-credentials of parodying the black guy from Miami Vice, so one of them instead wore blackface (well, brownface would perhaps be a better description, due to the color tone).

As far as I can recall, the skit didn’t really make race much of a punchline, except from when they’re fixing their hair before the final showdown (which one of course have to do, this being a Miami Vice parody), and the white guy asks the black guy to borrow some hair gel but gets the response: (roughly translated) “I’m black, I don’t use hairgel. I use chocolate pudding.”

So yeah, asking because I’m a middle aged extremely white guy, and I found this skut funny as shit when I was a kid, and I stumbled across it recently, and I got curious.

EDIT: Found it. Turns out it’s from 1989. https://youtu.be/GDpLUXtA-4M
I can’t be arsed translating, because in retrospect it’s not really that good, but you can see the blackface and its origin in the beginning.

• rufus
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Nicely done parody.

Also mind the ladies butts, the constant smoking and whatever else seems a bit outdated.

I bet I could get that tanned skin if I worked outside for a whole summer. I think the first joke is perfectly alright. The second one at the end is a bit cheap.