• vzq@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

He’s not likely to embarrass us. Which is quite a plus these days.

Anyway, this is the first time in a decade that the PvdA, the Dutch labor party, signals they are actually interested in winning the elections. I’m curious to see how it shakes out.

• Username@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Big ego, talks the talk, not sure if he’ll walk the walk. TBH, not a fan of TimmerFrans, but he does have experience. And a lot of experienced members of parliament are about to leave after the coming elections.

On the plus side, I do applaud the fact that two left-wing parties (GroenLinks and Timmermans’ PvdA (Green party and Labour Party)) have merged. The Second Chamber has become very fragmented with currently 21(!) parties among 150 members. More is not always better, imho.

• gerryflap@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

As a Dutchman: good question haha. He’s been so busy achieving (good) things in the EU that I honestly didn’t really see that much of him in the general political discussion in the Netherlands. But as someone who usually votes GroenLinks or PvdA I do feel like he has more potential as a leader than the former party leaders of both. From everything he’s done so far he comes across as an experienced and calm leader who can unify the left and give us a shot at becoming the largest party in the new political landscape.

• Blaze
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Interesting. How is he perceived in the Netherlands?