Do you think this fediverse-analogy is any good for telling people about the fediverse?

(FYI: I’m not a native speaker so please bear with some potential grammatical errors)

• Blaze
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Original take on it.

I like it because there no mention of instances nor other technicalities.

• blue_berry@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Thanks! I did that also because sometimes these technicalities change (at least the not underlying ones). For example in many graphics you have still Twitter but its now X.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

My bad, that’s a bit inconsistent. Actually I think it should be a graphic for mastodon - the talking bird analogy just makes the most sense there. Although it kind of works for the other too …

• Blaze
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

It’s at the very bottom, I guess the picture can be updated. It seems more about highlighting Mastodon then excluding anything

• Devjavu@lemmy.dbzer0.com
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Yes absolutely, but the soon to be user reading this will just go to Mastodon and completely ignore everything else for at least the time they are not told of other platforms. Just leave the platforms out of context. Let them google fediverse and explore

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

I mean Mastodon just is the most user-friendly entry to the fediverse imo so I think its okay