• riceandbeans161
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

this is the reason i haven’t bought overcooked on my xbox despite us playing a ton of coop games together

we cook together well enough (i chop he stir) but screw that noise

• nilaus@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Overcooked is super fun, but you need hard core communication and organisation. If not, one will sleep on the couch.

• jcg@halubilo.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

When I played it with my partner we would let ourselves get heated and yell with the understanding that when the games over none of it was meant. Although of course we avoid directly insulting each other lol

• Shush@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Yeah. It basically requires high level of execution from both sides, and if the other’s not great the entire operation breaks down.

It made me furious sometimes when I would do things right and she wouldn’t, though I shouldn’t have gotten angry at all, it’s a nice friendly game that has no stakes.

We decided to stop playing this so we won’t fight.

• riceandbeans161
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

We’ve been having a great time with Diablo 3. Also, all borderlands are great fun, we’ve enjoyed BL3 a lot.

Other than that, Trackmania is always fun and Vampire Survivors is a blast. Gangbeasts is hilariously frustrating and Battleblock Theater is quite fun if you’re into sidescrollers.

• new_guy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Biped is pretty good and casual. I don’t know if it’s available for consoles. Probably is.

Then there’s Portal 2, the LEGO franchise, Moving Out, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles…

When I’m out of ideas of games to play with my SO I just emulate some games from SNES and Genesis when couch co-op was golden. Donkey Kong Country, Sonic 3…

• Majawat@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

On a more casual game, I can’t sing Kingdom: Two Crowns enough. We’d play hours later than we intended. The Norse expansion is worth it as well.

Once you play through a few campaigns it gets same-y, so not infinite playability, but it’s great.

• Shush@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

It Takes Two is an absolute gem of a co op game and is super casual. It looks really simple on the surface but the devs went all the way in making sure the game stays fresh, interesting, and fun.