• Haui
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

That’s a disturbing but interesting take. Thank you very much.

The funny thing is that you can sell stocks. I know that a billionaire does not have dagoberts vault at home (maybe some do).

But their net worth is calculated somehow and in selling all assets above 999 mil, you get exactly what I‘m talking about.

I get that this is a long undertaking but we are still on the way up. This needs to stop now so we do it now. Use the money to stop the gravest polluters first and by the time you run out of money, you‘re a lot better on the scale.

Btw the estimated cost to 2030 to stop climate change is 90 trillion. So this does part of it.

Just wanted to put that out there. It’s surely gonna be a big job since most of us lack vision.

Not like we could start working only on that since we need to make stuff nobody needs to impress people we dont like./s

Also, my personal favorite in idiotic ideas is telling citizens to just not buy and suv. Just outlaw the production you maggots! We saw with covid how well voluntary behavior helped.

Yes, I blame governments for not doing what needs to be done to save the fucking planet. A mass of humans is easy to manipulate if you’re rich and can not be given this much responsibility. We elect people for this.

• phoenixz@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Once a major stock holder starts selling his stock like crazy, that stock will nosedive. See Elon “I’ll be the last one to sell tesla stock!” Musk dumping tesla stock and check it’s current value.

And governments should not ask not to buy SUV’s, they should ban SUV’s. Yes, ban. They are horrible for the environment, horrible for safety of the driver, horrible for the safety of others, horrible in every aspect and they only exist because car manufacturers want to sell more so they told people they look cool.

Start taxing the crap out of cars, all short distance travel (< 5 - 10 kms) should be by bike, with Electrical the engine support in mountainous areas.we use 2 tonnes of steel and plastics to mostly move single 50-100 kgs persons around. That. Is. Insane. It’s unsustainable. Redesign American cities (American being the continent here, not just the country) to no long have these horrible suburbs, make all cities human Centric, not car centric. People should be able to walk to 50% of local stores and cycle to 95% of stores. It makes for wonderful safe cities to live in (see every single city, tiny and large in the Netherlands), makes people healthier due to more exercise, makes healthier air (no car pollution) bad lowers CO2 output by a literal fucktonne.

This would make everything better, which is why it not only will never happen, politicians will beber talk about it because big oil, big car and big whatever the fuck need more bigger cars polluting more because WE WANT MONEY AND POWER.

The world is fucked, sorry.