Image description:

Depicted in the image is Sisyphus pushing his legendary boulder up a hill, written in the boulder are the words, “The fucking dishes and the fucking laundry.”

End image description.

Straight up though I recently learned a really weird way of editing pictures for creative distortion (it involves Audacity (the sound editor)) and I straight up forgot to do both before work.

Yesterday and today.

Good news is I learned a lot on how editing those pictures works. Bad news is tonight’s dinner was cereal eaten out of a mug with a fork.

• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

at least laundry machines you can just dump your shit into and press go, dishwashers need careful loading and unloading which is hell

• FlaminGoku@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

What!? Laundry is way worse than dishwashers. It’s a 3-4 hour time commitment that needs to be repeated if you don’t complete it in ~8 hours.

• You can forget about dishes for a day and they will still be clean the next.
      • If you forget clothes in the washing machine for a day, they need to be washed again because they smell bad.
      • If they are kept in the dryer too long they need to be run through another cycle because of wrinkles.
      • You then need to fold them them and put them away.

I would gladly never do laundry again and only use the dishwasher for the rest of my life.

• thepianistfroggollum@lemmynsfw.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

LPT, don’t run your clothes through a full cycle to dewrinkle.

Throw in a wet rag and put it on low for ~30m. This will also soften hang dried clothes and remove pet hair.

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Hm, i don’t see it as a time commitment because i don’t spend that much time away from home anyways and thus the only time spent on it is putting it in and taking it out along with setting an alarm so i remember to move it to the drier and then take it out, i also don’t care about wrinkles in clothes because i’m not a victorian noble.

As for folding, again we’re not victorian nobles so just roll shit up and stuff it in the drawer, it’s fine.