• Swedneck
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

What are you smoking lmao, do you seriously think anything below 3 million people is rural?

rural is when it takes you an hour to reach the nearest grocery store by car.

• andrai@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

That’s not rural, that’s ultra remote wilderness. Like what place doesn’t have a grocery store in a 100km radius? Some place deep in the Australian outback?

• Swedneck
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

i’m very curious what on earth your definition of rural is then, your parent’s backyard?

• andrai@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

My definition of rural is a place with some semblance of human habitation that is not urban. A speck of land characterized by villages, farms or forestry. Where you have limited access to the amenities found in cities.

However, what village does not have a grocery store? Or at least not one in the next bigger village?

Do you have some examples of villages without a grocery store an hour of driving away?

• 𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒏@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Village of ~10k, nearest grocery store is 25min walk, 10min bike, 5min car.

There are also three smaller stores a 2 min walk away. Europe for reference

• andrai@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I sincerely doubt there is a a place in Europe outside of maybe remote Scandinavia or Russia where you can’t get to a grocery store after driving for an hour.