YouTube comment sections are weirdly positive always. It could be a video of some horrible crime and the comments will be about how great the channel is and encouraging the channel to keep making more videos. When j visit actual fan pages anywhere else online there are always a mix of opinions. But youtube is constantly full of obsequious people

• nothacking
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Not only can the creator delete comments, but YouTube itself seems to algorithmicly delete comments, especially longer comments.

• ChiwaWithMujicanoHat@mujico.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

They also auto delete comments with links, I was doing a tutorial and saw lots of comments asking for help with some issues so I replied to as many as I could.

I reloaded the video later during the day and saw that only some of my comments were visible, I checked the history and saw only some comments were there. Since I had originally written my comments in Notepad++ I saw only the ones with links were removed. You can bypass it by making the link not look like one but it’s annoying if you wish to help people.