or ADH-Wheee! if you really want to put a positive spin on it.

• Zaphod
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Whenever I read a description from someone with ADHD I can almost always 100% relate to that experience, but whenever I read something from “professional” source I start thinking I might not have it and just killed my attention span with social media consumption…

• SirNuke@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Buddy if you are waiting for a Sign, this is it. It’ll never get more concrete than this message I’m typing for you right now. Having a lot of doubts is common. It wasn’t truly real for me until I started medication.

My broad advice is to find a good psychiatrist (and don’t be afraid to switch if you aren’t happy) and dig as deep as possible for evidence both for and against. Go in with confidence that you have ADHD symptoms, but keep an open mind since there are alternative explanations. A diagnosis of “no you don’t have ADHD it’s actually ____” is also important information to know, and you will regret letting it drag out if you do have ADHD.

• Track_Shovel@slrpnk.netOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Unrelated anecdote:

I was driving one time, and got lost in my city. I drove a church. Their billboard read:

Lost? Come in and ask for directions! As in the spiritual kind.

Anyway, I decided to drive on, and get progressively more lost. I decide to turn around. I make my way back to the church, and on the reverse side of the billboard:

Need a sign from god? This could be it!

So I stopped and asked for directions…