This is actually a problem with all iPods it seems, but I can’t get any of them to work on Linux Mint, or any distro. There are literally programs on the repos for working with iPods that show up if you search “iPod” and none of them actually with the four iPods I was recently given. The most popular one google results reccomend is GTKpod, and GTKpod has a helpful seems that seems to let you actually pick and choose which one you are connecting, even by color, because I guess that matters. On every iPod I’ve tried on GTKpod on Linux Mint and on Manjaro, none work. All either just silently hang with no error message or spit out a slew of different error messages. The one I’m trying to make it work with the most is the iPod Nano Gen 3 Pink because I want to give it away as a gift to someone with a Linux Mint computer. But nothing seems to work with them. Does anyone know what’s up with that?

• greyOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

No. Nothing I’ve tried has worked. I thought after all these years there would be something that works.