• riceandbeans161
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

this is a reminder that EVs are here to save the car industry, not our lives.

wish they’d invest in public transport.

• Björn Tantau@swg-empire.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

They’re doing both. Yeah, I’d wish they’d do more for public transport. But the 49 Euro ticket was a good start.

• axo@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

A good start, but not proper investment in public transit. DB is still massivly underfunded and the road infrastructure, again, got more money to spend than the rail infrastructure, despite claiming the Ampel would do it the other way around… :/

• PerCarita
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

DB the company has a lot of foreign interests. It bought a British transport company in 2010. Why did they do this instead of reinvesting the money back into the Deutsche Bahn? Because it’s a joint-stock company beholden to stake-holders. It should never have been managed like a private company. Now the damage is done and decades of unrepair is catching up to them.

Somehow I don’t blame the politics for this disrepair. I blame the execs and upper management.

• Serinus@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

This is me, laughing at your comment as a bald eagle clutching an assault rifle flies over and shits simultaneously on my head and the idea of public transit.

• kiranraine@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

I could say the same for it over here in the states bc geezus. Esp as someone who absolutely hates driving bc of audhd and so many other reasons. Not to mention everything is so far away when I need it and shopping online isn’t always ideal(and I’m still wary of buying certain things online…)

• Alto@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        9 months ago

More than anything else in this world, I just want to live in a truly walkable city. I’ll probably have to eventually cross an ocean to get that.

• kiranraine@reddthat.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Yep which sucks. I want the same so bad. It shouldn’t be that bad of a request to just start investing in some form of transit and redevelopment for that reason. Better than investing in roads as the sole way to get anyone around 😭

Cars are just too much and I wanna bike more but I’m scared I’d get run over or have the bike stolen if I attempted biking more…