• PerCarita
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Some gas stations are also highway rest areas with restaurants and whatnot. The ones that aren’t close to rest areas are in mixed used neighbourhoods, so possibly close to the customers’ homes. If you take your car to the cinema in Germany, you’re doing it wrong.

• Blackmist@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

My nearest cinema in the UK is 90 minutes walk away.

There used to be two in my town. One closed back in the mid-90s and has been several pubs and clubs since, and the other closed long enough ago that there’s still a faded poster for The Hunger Games outside. Nothing else has moved into this building, except presumably for the local spiceheads.

But I digress. Putting charging points at motorway service stations is a good idea. Such a good idea that it’s already been done in just about all of them, and as electric vehicle use climbs, will presumably increase the number of charging points accordingly until there’s one for every parking space. Putting them in a regular petrol station would be a shit idea. I assume when we finally drink the Earth dry of oil, these places will close and be another polluted husk on the apocalyptic hellscape called Britain. Cars will be charged from home by then, we’ll have no use for them. As more of them close, it’ll trigger a cascade of people who don’t want to drive 10 miles to fill their car up, so will switch to electric.

Home and car parks will be the only place to charge in the future.