Court documents reveal a former OceanGate employee had several safety complaints over the tourist submersible—and then he was fired.

• Kerb
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Huh, thats new to me.

And i couldn’t find it in the linked article,
    am i blind or are you referencing a different article?

• Kerb
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Thanks, Oh wow.

After reading all the articles,
        about how it was clear to the company that the sub was an obvious deathtrap,
        im genuinely supprised the ceo was dumb / bold enough to actually board it himself.

Thats an almost biblical level of
        “fuck around and find out”

• aegisgfx877@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

one thing we’ve learned about most billionaires is they arent very smart and surround themselves completely with ‘yes people’. And they also seem to have almost no ability to assess risk, like buying business that they personally know almost nothing about, like twitter and submarines.

• floofloof@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          1 year ago

One thing I’ve noticed from working at several tech companies is that people who present themselves as “entrepreneurs” are often just deficient in their appreciation of risk, but lucky so far. Risk is a kind of blind spot for some people, but if it comes with luck others will perceive them as bold rather than a bit deficient. To those who work with them, however, the truth is often obvious.