• NielsBohron@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

All jokes aside, naked woman who was planning on staying in the room for a few weeks and it just happens to be the room that the employee gives out when he thinks all the other rooms are taken? It’s been a long time since I had friends working in hotels, but the last few rooms available were usually held as a reserve for situations like this (i.e. so they have an ace in the hole to help out important/pissed off guests). So the fact that this exact room is the same room that already has a long-term, naked tenant is a little fishy.

It’s all just circumstantial, and not even particularly strong evidence, but it certainly seems suggestive of some sort of prostitution.

• PetDinosaurs@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Exactly. Believable up to that point.

Plenty of hotels are small enough that they’d only need one employee at night. If that employee walks off the job or something sure, but the naked woman screams fake to me.

• Cosmic Cleric@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

but the last few rooms available were usually held as a reserve for situations like this

Just a friendly counterpoint, but when I worked the front desk of a major hotel chain the rooms were overbooked each and every single night, purposely.

The front office manager even had a very special formula to calculate to try to get right at the 100% occupancy rate.

On a tangial side note, it really sucked working the front desk when you overbooked and someone who comes in with a guaranteed by credit card reservation has no room and you have to turn them away; fun times.

• NielsBohron@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Fair enough. My buddies’ experience was mostly before overbooking was very common or advanced (when dinosaurs roamed the Earth!), and it was at a smaller, independent hotel.

• betterdeadthanreddit@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

They’re included with the ones that offer internet access for no additional charge, just typically not there in person (or not without going through some extra steps first anyway).

• Cryophilia@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Yeah but have you ever shown up to get checked in and then run the hotel for a few hours? I think a naked woman is the least they could offer you