• hellweaver666
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Right on the nose. My wife sent me the news when it broke and my response was… “again?”

• Chariotwheel@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

He is an edge lord, yeah. Although he sometimes he tries to appear like there is some greater message behind all of that. Like he is a jester with wit, but he is just a clown.

• kameecoding@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          9 months ago

nah he went full on right-wing conspiratard, his videos are enraging, covid consparices, blaming the west for Russia invading Ukraine

he is a fucking cunt, I am not gonna search for his videos and post them here, because last time I watched some of his shit I felt like curb stomping that fucking wanker.

• Beefalo@midwest.social
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            9 months ago

Yeah, if you lost track of him after Get Him To The Greek when he was still sorta vaguely leftist but in an annoying rock star party boy way, well, I guess that act stopped getting him enough attention, because he went right wing shitlord at some point.

I think that grift is easier to run on a narrower audience.

• clanginator@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            9 months ago

I remember seeing videos of him “flirting with” women interviewing him and he was being a straight-up creep, and would not take the hint when rejected.

Then I saw some conspiratorial shit from him recently, no clue what it was, I just remember thinking “well he went off the deep end”.

What a POS.

• hitmyspot@aussie.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

He has a good turn of phrase and is a good speaker. His views are often more teen edgy than practical, or, they were. Think 80s anarchism and pink in the UK but in the 00s and with an Oliver twist sensibility.

Last number of years, he’s gone from hard left to hard right and crazy conspiracies.

He was always attention seeking and made it look like it was a statement rather than obnoxious. He moved into obnoxious as a brand.

He has always been relatively open a out addiction to hard drugs and sex acts. Previously he insisted they were consensual. Howeythere has always been an underlying current that they were not always. He seemed contrite in his sober state but it was always dubious.