Specifically thinking of stuff that make your life better in the long run but all kinds of answers are welcome!

I’ve recently learnt about lifetraps and it’s made a huge positive impact on how I view myself and my relationships

• @DogMuffins
    link
    English
    58 months ago

IDK if “third degree” chemical burns are a thing.

Cement will dissolve the fat from under your skin, and a third degree burn is when you cook the fat under your skin.

Also it’s not going to burn you within a few minutes the way we normally think of a chemical burn.

• @freewheel@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      edit-2
      8 months ago

The “degree” is based on the amount of damage done to flesh, bone, and skin. Each type of burn has different criteria, so yes, a third degree chemical burn will be different from a third degree flame burn, which will in turn be different than a third degree steam burn.

• @freewheel@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          18 months ago

If you have a coherent rebuttal, I’m happy to listen. If not, Johns Hopkins has a good page on the subject.

• @DogMuffins
            link
            English
            18 months ago

I had a quick look at this which basically says that you’re right and I’m wrong.

Additionally, it lists sunburn as an example of a radiation burn, which is kinda neat.