Edit: As of five minutes ago, I am aware that there is no official ui for the elgato stream deck which is a huge disservice to the users of this expensive piece of hardware. I was under the impression that streamdeck-ui was the official (and very outdated) official version, which is false. Those who bothered to explain this, thank you very much. To those piling up on someone who just hasn’t as much knowledge as you do: feels bad man. Maybe consider that this is not reddit and schooling someone does not have to be aggressive.

Hi folks!

I have switched to my Linux daily driver this week and after some starting issues, it’s working quite well.

But a few bits and bobs are quite annoying, such as streamdeck ui. The windows version looks and feels like a spaceship compared to the barebones version I have on ubuntu 23.04

Here’s what the windows version looks like.

Additionally, the windows version has plugins and stuff that pretty much make giant scripts that can do pretty much anything and everything. The Linux version doesn’t even have it’s own pictures that come with it.

If you’re curious I just used apt install streamdeck-ui instead of the complex stuff that is on the web (and doesn’t work anymore because outdated).

Am I just using a really outdated version or is the linux version just trash?

TL;DR: Linux version of streamdeck ui looks 20 yrs old while the windows version looks like photoshop.

Thanks for reading. Have a good one!

• HauiOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

Thanks for explaining. This makes sense. In the subs I moderate I take care of this kind of behavior as it drives away the people I actually want in the community and only keeps bullies.