Reading about FOSS philosophy, degoogling, becoming against corporations, and now a full-blown woke communist (like Linus Torvalds)

• Haui
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    9 months ago

The problem is: intelligence doesn’t help either. Sure, it lets you grasp problems pretty fast, makes you a good learner but do you have any ideas how many psychopaths are actually gifted?

As an autistic individual, I‘d say the autistic way would be pretty awesome as a government. You have to tell the truth and are not allowed to care how anyone receives it (what could go wrong, right?). I‘m obviously joking, mostly. I‘d explore it though.

I think the current way is the worst (turning more populist every day) because the majority of people is rather unintelligent and does not have a logical concept on life (from an autistic standpoint).

• rephlekt2718@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      9 months ago

Say more about how the majority of people don’t have a logical concept of life from an autistic standpoint, I’m curious!

• Haui
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        9 months ago

If you start reading about autistic people, you will most likely hear a couple things very often. It’s not a law as every autistic person is different but three common things I hear and read often are:

• thruthful to a the point of rudeness
        • often use logic where most people would use gut feeling or intuition
        • have a particular knack for justice, often in a binary sense

Obviously, there are a lot of other things that can identify or sum up autistic people but these fit the situation I‘m talking about. One more may be useful: we don’t suffer from the so called „framing effect“ where neurotypical people would make two different decisions on the same question according to the situation they’re in. Most autistic dont do this. We look at a problem without considering our current situation. Some say thats why we are less likely to become corrupt. We couldn’t care less if our friend really likes to work in our company. If someone else is better suited, he gets hired, for example.

• pjhenry1216@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          9 months ago

This is a very poor understanding of autism. You’ve taken such a small sliver that this comparison is going to not only offend a lot of people but also confuse a lot of people. The given properties you’re invoking are such a small subset of autism and not even that widespread and hell, it ignores the core reasoning behind some. Brutal honesty is often tied with inability to be empathetic. You’re doing yourself a disservice using autism as your “model” here.

• Haui
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 months ago

Thanks for your thoughts. I simply disagree. Being autistic means something else for every person who fits the description and for me it is this.

Attacking my personal understanding and using the wording you do is overreaching and mean. Instead of telling me to not say something, you could ask what I meant or how I arrived to this conclusion. But you chose not to.

If you are either a psychologist or an autistic person, you may speak about your own ideas. If not, I ask you to leave autistic people talking about the experience of being autistic be.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              9 months ago

You literally just defeated your own argument. You just made the claim its your own personal definition and therefore would need to be described every single time you use it otherwise you would have a failure of communication.

Autism is different for everyone and that’s why it’s terrible to use it to describe the details of something.

And you aren’t describing your own experience. You are describing a government system. If you are admitting it’s extremely defined and only works in your head and not whoever you’re talking to, you will have a failure to communicate.

Edit: actually, that folks disagreed with you enough to comment is more a sign of that failure than any explanation I can provide. And you still provided it as a way to describe other autistics despite claiming otherwise.

• Haui
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                9 months ago

Thank you for using less violent speech this time. I still don’t understand why you feel like you need to correct my opinion here. Again, if you‘re on the spectrum or an expert, feel free to identify yourself. Otherwise I will stay by my opinion. Have a good one.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  9 months ago

feel free to identify yourself

Fuck that. No one should have to share their anything even remotely shared to their mental health for some sort of odd gatekeeping purposes.

I gave my opinion. You are a terrible communicator and using a condition in a way that is offensive and then trying to force people to put themselves when they may not want to. So fuck that even more. That’s shameful behavior. If you want to be offensive and communicate poorly, so be it. That’s my opinion. And so be it. If you can justify forcing people to do things and if you can justify using derogatory statements to describe other people, which you literally did, that’s on you. We’re done here.

• Haui
                    link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    9 months ago

You realize that you are using abusive language while accusing me of being a terrible communicator? That is absolutely ironic.

Secondly, I solely reserved myself from being violently corrected in my opinion/experience by a person who does not show any credentials to do so and uses abusive speech. It’s a security function, nothing else.

You can try and turn this around all you want. It’s like telling a person of color that their account or opinion about people of color is shit while not at all having a say in that matter.

Gatekeeping, in opposition to your opinion, is keeping someone from a community, denying them rights or identity. Source: urban dictionary. You are trying to force your opinion on someone who is telling you that they are not accepting that unless you show that you have reason for this behavior.

I would not accept your opinion solely based on your way of communicating it but I would consider trying to to look past that if you had shown anything resembling experience.

I‘m sorry if this is not understandable for you. I really tried. Have a good one.