• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    9 months ago

I can control my updates on windows with the group policy editor.

Delay “feature” updates by 365 days, delay “quality” updates by 30 days. then the only updates that get installed right away are the security updates, the other two categories will get pulled if a large number of people report problems with them.

Windows is annoying…unless you know what tools to get to make it work correctly.

I’m a big fan of Linux, don’t get me wrong QubesOS is the best thing I’ve ever heard of. But almost nothing I use is compatible with any distro of linux.

Once you use things like O&O shutup 10 and a few other things in the group policy editor, you’ll love your windows machine.

• EmperorHenry
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 months ago

I’m not so sure if that had any subtext in it or not. It’s hard to detect sarcasm over a medium like this.

Being autistic doesn’t help detect sarcasm either.

• radix@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          9 months ago

Sorry, it wasn’t supposed to be sarcastic. As I read it I thought it was ambiguous too, but for some reason I couldn’t think of a way to clarify. Somehow I forgot about the existence of tone indicators.

I’ve been pretty out of it due to significant physical pain. I’ve been using Lemmy as a way to talk to strangers I treat as friends, as a distraction I don’t think too much about. I’m sorry for any confusion. I send a stranger’s well wishes.

I’m genuinely happy for you that Windows works. It didn’t for me, but that’s alright. And sometimes an OS is just a tool, not an identity.